Exactly a year has passed in the blink of an eye. It’s actually a little scary (see the pic from our launch event on the 2nd slide).
But to look back & see what you all have helped us accomplish as we work to shift the paradigm from a society that looks at this topic as “1 in 5 w mental illness” to an inclusive one that acknowledges “5 in 5 of us live on a mental health continuum” is quite remarkable.
To the Alliance Members, Practitioners, Advocates, Students, Volunteers, & YOU who have shared stories or followed along w encouragement – an enormous thank you. To think a little over a year ago this movement was born off of just the reactions to a personal post on Linked-In, & noticing how many are affected & don’t know where to turn, is very humbling.
Together, in only a year w your help we have brought together:
– 50,000 members of the “Crazy” #SameHere🤙 community on social media (from Indonesia to Encino)
– 197 #SameHere🤙 Symptoms & Solutions Blogs tying us together through common challenges (from divorce to bullying)
– 110 Everyday #SameHere🤙 Hero Stories Shared (w common challenges from verbal abuse to physical trauma)
– 52 #SameHere🤙 Celeb & Influencer Alliance Members, & Stories Shared (from HBO Actors to NFL Players, from Amsterdam to Tenessee)
– 24 #SameHere🤙 Sit-Down Programs (from Cornell to Indiana, Pro Sports Teams to JCC’s)
– 20 #SameHere🤙 Advocates (from Ireland to Australia)
– 12 #SameHere🤙 TSRR Practitioners (from EMDR to Yoga)
– 8 #SameHere🤙 Student Alliances (from Towson to James Madison)
– 1 #SameHereShow🤙 Podcast soon to launch & 1 #SameHere🤙 Documentary being filmed
Most importantly though, something we can’t put an official # on: the # of lives touched & hopefully saved, through your participation in the #SameHere🤙 Movement’s Community.
Let’s continue to grow, together, & show the world that mental health is a topic for #5in5, & that while we might all be a little “crazy,” we are all in this together & pulling for each other.
Eric & The “Crazy” Team